We are able to watch some indicators that drive mortgage interest rates. This is how we can guess what rates are going to do over a 10 day or so period.
Right now the spread on Canadian 5 year mortgage bond is 1.795%. This is WELL BELOW the comfort zone of 1.90% and 2.10%. Can we potentially see a rise in interest rates?
Hard to say as the spread has be bouncing all over the last few days, but it could trigger a small rise in rates if it does not bounce back soon.
What does this mean?
- If you are going to buy a home, or are planning on moving up or
- have a mortgage that is up for renewal in less than 120 days from now, or know someone who does, then
- CALL for a rate hold at today’s super low rates ASAP. We answer the phone from 9 am to 10 pm every way, holidays and weekends included.
Other Key Points about Mortgage Brokers:
- We have access to all the banks.
- The banks pay us for doing their work for them so there are no fees to clients for our services.
- The rates and terms & conditions are better than the Big 6 offer.
- We offer unbiased, expert advice; we only do mortgages and nothing else; and have been 1 of the top-10 brokers in Canada for the last 5 years.
Please feel free to call or reply with comments or questions.
These are exciting times,
Mark Herman, AMP, B. Comm., CAM, MBA-Finance
1 of the Top-10 brokers of 1,700 at Mortgage Alliance
Accredited Mortgage Professional | Mortgage Alliance – Mortgages are Marvelous
Toll Free Secure E-Fax: 1-866-823-1279
A study conducted by Maritz Canada showed customers renewing or renegotiating with a mortgage broker’s help reported a rate decrease of 1.40%, compared to a decrease of 1.00% among all mortgage renewals.
Brokers are your best choice for seeking home financing advice and assistance.